Full Caf Americano™
And now Obama is asking doctors to question patients about their gun ownership.
Today the President shrouded himself with clueless children in his Executive Order charade. This is something right out of a John Toland World War II biography. Look for brown-shirts, coming to a neighborhood near you soon.
According to a background briefer provided by the White House, President Barack Obama is asking doctors to help deal with guns. Here’s the relevant passage:
PRESERVE THE RIGHTS OF HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS TO PROTECT THEIR PATIENTS AND COMMUNITIES FROM GUN VIOLENCE: We should never ask doctors and other health care providers to turn a blind eye to the risks posed by guns in the wrong hands.
· Clarify that no federal law prevents health care providers from warning law enforcement authorities about threats of violence: Doctors and other mental health professionals play an important role in protecting the safety of their patients and the broader community by reporting direct and credible threats of violence to the authorities….
· Protect the rights of health care providers to talk to their patients about gun safety: Doctors and other health care providers also need to be able to ask about firearms in their patients’ homes and safe storage of those firearms, especially if their patients show signs of certain mental illnesses … [Read More]
Dear Dr. Lemming: First, if you support Obamacare you probably got your degree from someplace like the New Delhi School of Medicine and Bovine Studies. So the first rule of education is don’t step out beyond your field of expertise. Even if you graduated Yale it’s a good rule to live by. So just follow these simple suggestions (simple as dropping a bar of soap in the shower in med school):
1) Don’t even think about asking us about our guns;
2) Your job is to say things like “Say ahhhh” and “Where does it hurt?”
3) You live in communities with way more doctors than anyone needs; those communities don’t specifically need you. So there’s that;
4) Liberals who own guns tend to snap at the drop of a hat: witness Jared Lee Loughner, etc. You might even want to think about buying a firearm for the office and learning to use it;
5) Otherwise just keep double-billing the insurance companies and leave our gun business to us.
Full Caf Americano
We are not pushing the NRA one way or the other but Americans who value their gun rights better stand up and get active in a hurry. The Obama takeover is between the lines: the things “we have to pass before we can find out what’s in them.”
Interestingly enough there is not a single mention in the Obama Gun Grab about defending our schools. This sham is targeted at law-abiding Americans’ guns, not the criminal use of firearms.
A Parting Word:
Upon visiting a new doctor for the first time, hand him a questionnaire asking for his views on issues you consider pertinent: Does he own a gun? Has he ever slipped an Oxy out of the drug cabinet for personal use? Is he Muslim? No biggie; just stuff you want to know. Tell him to fill it out and call you in the morning.
In the words of the late James Earl Jones: “The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.”